Welcome

Thank you for stopping by my blog,i really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.My purpose of getting this blog was mainly because i was inspired by one of my friends who had a blog and i must say i was not only affected but it touched my heart she felt sharing her life experience or getting her voice heard through her blog gave her alot of confidence and also high self esteem about herself.And i said to myself? why not do the same after all i write alot in my journal so much that i feel i needed to share,explain to make ur self just to feel real good.





~IMMACULATE~

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Precious Time!!

Time is so precious. It is one thing that can never be recovered. It waits for no one. It’s either you grab it or you lose it. Time operates on no one’s schedule and is not a respecter of anyone. Every second lost would eventually become days, months and years lost. That’s why the Psalmist asked the Lord to teach him to use his days and time wisely.

So many people waste their time doing absolutely nothing. I mean, at the end of the day, they can’t really say they have done anything significant. They can’t really say they have achieved something that will move their lives or other peoples lives forward. They go through each and every day like they can easily turn back the hands of time and start all over again. It’s really sad because, it’s not like God doesn’t want to move in our lives but sometimes we’re the ones hindering Him by doing unprofitable things which distract us from our real purpose. It’s not like God said you must spend every waking moment in His presence because He knows that’s not possible as we all have stuff to do. Some have to go to work, while others have to go to school, take care of children, and other important stuff. But He wants us to spend every second we have walking in line with His plan for our lives.

I’m not saying it’s wrong to sit back, relax and have fun but don’t overdo it. Some spend endless hours jumping from one party to another and achieve nothing out of it. It’s awesome to celebrate with people but when it becomes your full time job, then there’s an issue. Some live on their phones permanently and say all the things they should and should not say. I used to do that and I prayed it out of my system and now I’m able to ignore calls if my spirit does not approve of it. Not being rude or arrogant but if the call is not going to add anything to my life, I would rather just let it be. When I notice that after speaking to someone a few times on the phone and they really have nothing of value to add to my life, I quietly excuse myself. Also I noticed recently, some people have become facebook shareholders and have pitched their tents and built mansions on it. At all hours, they are there. They update their status every second and I wonder if they have anything of value to do with their time. They mind other peoples business like they are paid to do so.

There are so many things we do that we think are useful but, are actually really useless and time wasters. Sometimes, it’s not like you want to sit and do nothing but you just don’t know where to start or what else to do. I used to spend endless hours on the internet doing absolutely nothing and when I realized it was becoming an obsession, I made it a point to turn my computer off when I’m done. By doing that, I end up finding something more profitable to do. I know it’s tempting to just sit in front of the television the whole day but to be honest, at the end of the day, there’s this emptiness inside of you because you can’t really point at anything useful you’ve done that day. With all of the extra time on your hands, you can study the word, pray, listen to sermons, read inspirational and motivational books, go to the gym, clean your house, be creative and strategize your next move that will catapult your destiny.

I always tell a sister of mine that it is those that have nothing to do that keep facebook busy 24/7, 365 days a year. It is those that have nothing important to do with their time, that notice someone offended them and grumble about it from morning till night. It is jobless people that spend hours on end talking about absolute nonsense on the phone all day and everyday. Trust me, if you have goals to fulfill, there are so many things that will not even cross your mind to do, because your eyes are on the goal ahead of you. Those that want to fulfill their destinies are not time wasters. To them, every second counts.

All in all, there are so many profitable things that one can do, you just have to connect to God and allow Him to lead you. By doing that, you are walking on the right path and fulfilling your destiny. But remember, it’s not how fast you finish but how well. Whatever you notice takes up most of your time and you know it’s not profitable, ask God to help you deal with it. He is always waiting for us to pour our hearts out to Him. Always remember – “Every day lost, is an opportunity lost.”

 
                                                                ~IMMACULATE~~

No comments: